Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: April 2008:
[gopher] Re: Gopher server on shared host

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Gopher server on shared host
From: "John Harris Stevenson" <tranquileye.gopher@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 22:35:35 -0400

This has been an interesting thread.
DreamHost has just begun to offer a virtual host to complement their
existing shared hosting, which I have been using for several years. When I
asked about running a gopher server the support staff there suggested I try
the virtual server, but I think without root I'm not likely to be
successful. I do have a unique IP.

I'm going to try with PyGopherd, though it will be difficult to test without
the port binding.

John