Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: April 2008:
[gopher] Re: Gopher server on shared host

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Gopher server on shared host
From: Brandon Poder <xythonix@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 15:08:16 -0500

Matthew Nawrocki wrote:
> I wonder... can I set up a gopherspace on Site5's shared hosting?
>
> Matt

I looked at the site you referred to and I do not see a way that would
be available, if you are looking to set up a service anything other than
MySQL and web hosting you will have to go with a dedicated hosting or my
recommendation a VPS hosting solution that is a fraction of the
dedicated route.  That is assuming you do not have an older PC laying
about and a static internet connection that you can convert over to
server use.  I can recommend some great VPS solutions as I have used
quite a few but am currently using ProVPS which is a product of NDC
Host.  I have 20gigs storage with 256 swap and full root access with 3
IP's for about $20 a month not to mention about 11 choices of linux
distro's which can be changed at any time.

Brandon