Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: April 2003:
[Freeciv] Re: Speeding Up Games

To: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Speeding Up Games
From: Thomas Strub <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 14:10:07 +0200

On Tue, Apr 15, 2003 at 10:26:54AM +0000, Per I. Mathisen wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Apr 2003, Mike Kaufman wrote:
> > as well as AI surrender (Per: this was discussed wrt ai diplomacy, what was
> > the result?)
>
> I never figured out what a surrendering AI should do. Should it delete all
> its units and cities, give away all its cities to the most powerful player
> it is at war with, or ally this player and break all its alliances with
> other players? Either way its help end the game, but in the last you get
> 'allied victory'.

A surrender should allways lead  to the end of a game. (Victory by
points)

The player/alliance with the highest prod/eco/mil-power/techlead
can ask if all other want to give up. When all the others say ok. The
game ends with an allied victory for them. The AI should only agree when
the power from all but the ally and the players who have surrendered is
much smaller then the power of the winning players.

When players give up they usually leave and aitoggle themself.

Thomas
--
Thomas Strub  ***  eMail ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
jb: people are stupid, they don't want to learn.