Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: April 2003:
[Freeciv] Re: Speeding Up Games

To: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Speeding Up Games
From: Mark Metson <markm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 08:46:33 -0300 (ADT)

On Tue, 15 Apr 2003, Per I. Mathisen wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Apr 2003, Mike Kaufman wrote:
> > as well as AI surrender (Per: this was discussed wrt ai diplomacy, what was
> > the result?)
>
> I never figured out what a surrendering AI should do. Should it delete all
> its units and cities, give away all its cities to the most powerful player
> it is at war with, or ally this player and break all its alliances with
> other players? Either way its help end the game, but in the last you get
> 'allied victory'.

How does one delete cities? Build settlers over and over and over until
the population goes down to zero?

If you mean arbitrarily delete them in a fashion that human players
cannot, I say no way, the AI does enough cheating already.

How about simply behaving in the same way as a human player who
disconnects and never reconnects? Just sit idle. Is that what human
players tend to do?

I hope with respect to the giving away of cities and the making of
alliances tyou are not suggesting that it not go through the usual
formailities of having an embassy in order to accomplish such things, like
a human player would have to?

-MarkM-

--
Got a website? Get 10,000+ hits a day FREE...
http://makemoney.knotwork.com/10000hits/