Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: February 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: Experience and questions after some games

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Experience and questions after some games
From: Paul Zastoupil <paulz@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 10:21:38 -0800

Raimar Falke wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 23, 2000 at 09:37:49AM -0800, Paul Zastoupil wrote:
> > Raimar Falke wrote:
> > >
> > >         1) Leader names: The game could remember the chosen or entered
> > >                 leader name. Maybe one choice per nation.
> >
> > Not sure what you mean here.
>
> If you choose the romans and August in the first game. It will propose Caesar
> the
> next time and not August.

How would the game know what you choose each time?  Should this be saved
in the rc file for the client?

> > >         3) Barbars: It would be nice to disable the barbars from
> > >                 server/unithand.c:743 with an option.
> >
> > You can disable barbarians, its a server setting.  Check "set
> > barbarians" and "set onsetbarbs"
>
> It looks like the barbars from erver/unithand.c:743 doesn't depend on these
> options.

Oh yes, these are the ones from huts, the old behavior ( around here
http://www.freeciv.org/lxr/source/server/unithand.c#L734)

> > Units that have an activity (e.g. sentry, explore etc.) do not get cycled
> > through.
>
> Thats the problem.

Well we are going to run into a problem here because I often sentry
units to take them out of this cycle.  Someone did propose a way from
the military report to "ready all" of a certian type of unit, I think
this would be a good solution.

> > >         10) An option toggable like the grid to show or hide the
> > > production
> > >                 of a city (current/full/rounds). Maybe displaying the city
> > >                 names can also be made an option.
> >
> > City names being an option is interesting.  Do you mean showing the
> > production on the main map?
>
> Yes something like "Settler (10/40/4)".

This is interesting, and I think would be helpful, comments?

--
Paul Zastoupil