Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: February 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: Experience and questions after some games

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Experience and questions after some games
From: Steven Burnap <sburnap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 16:51:55 -0800

At 11:54 AM 2/25/00 +1100, you wrote:
martin <martin.mcmahon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 23-Feb-00, Jeff Mallatt wrote:

> > Are you saying that you don't want any possibility of a bad outcome of
> > entering a hut?

> It all part of the risk in entering a hut you might get money ,you might be
> killed .there has to be a down side in going into a hut say a 25%.

I suggest that some setting make barbarians in huts behave like
they used to: kill the unit, but don't actually generate any
barbarian units.  That way there is a potential bad outcome
(lose your unit), but not the possibility (at this hypothetical
setting) of having your civilisation actually over-run by the
barbarians.
Ah, but that was one of the good parts about Civ2.  It forced you to be careful
not to explore huts near undefended cities.

Steve