Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#14248) A new effect to increase city vision range

To: sayenko@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#14248) A new effect to increase city vision range
From: "Guest" <rt-guest@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 00:06:31 -0700

Here are the proposed values for the effect

Walls: 5
SDI defense: 5
Airport: 5
Radar station: 10

Here are several examples:

a) City: 5 (radius 2)
b) City + walls: 10 (radius 3)
c) City + radar: 15 (radius 3)
d) City + walls + radar: 20 (radius 4)
e) City + walls + Airport (or SDI defense): 15 (radius 3)
f) City + walls + radar + SDI: 25 (radius 5)
g) City + walls + radar + SDI + Airport: 30 (radius 5)

I have decided to include the radar station since Airport and SDI
defense are too explensive (from the viewpoint of upkeep and cost)
to be built if everything you need is just
an increased vision range (case c).

Based on this, the proposed parameters for the Radar station are:

Requirements: Radio
Cost: 100
Upkeep: 2

At the same time, the Airport and SDI defense contribute to the
city vision range. However, together, without the Radar Station, they
do not increase the vision range significantly (case e). The same if
for the case g) when a city already has a radar. It sounds logically
from the viewpoint of a reality. Airport and SDI defense help a radar,
but without a radar they cannot do much.

I will create a patch with the effect attached to the mentioned above
buildings.

Sincerely,
Sayenko Alexander