Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#14248) Radar station

To: sayenko@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#14248) Radar station
From: "Guest" <rt-guest@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 09:02:03 -0700

Hi

I have played with the version.diff patch. I have one comment:

- Why does a city with the vision radius 3 have non-square vision area,
while a unit with the vision radius 3 has a square vision area ?

- As for me, SQ units are quite unclear. Suppose, we have two
improvements, each of which adds 5 SQ units to the base of value of 5.
Regardless of the improvement we build, we obtain 10 which will give us
10, i.e. vision radius is 3. However, having built two buildings, we
will have the same vision radius since the sum is 15. Is it logical ?
In other words, there can be a case when the Radar Station does not
increase the vision radius because there is another building that has
already increased it. Personally, radius/diameter works more
predictable.

- Shouldn't we specify in a ruleset the percents by which the base
value is increased ? As for me, such an approach works better in those
cases when the base value changes for some reason.

Nevertheless, I think that the increased city vision range is a great
thing :-))

Sincerely,
Sayenko Alexander