Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#2708) patch: backing rectangle for city descriptions i

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#2708) patch: backing rectangle for city descriptions in gtk2 client
From: "Guest" <rt-guest@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 06:17:24 -0800

> [chrisk - Thu Mar 10 13:28:04 2005]:
>

> There are two flags, on in the city icon and one in the info
> rectangle. One is enough I think.
>
> What do you think of this: integrate the rectangle with the city tile/
> icon. Just make the icon (configurably) bigger, extending over the
> tile size. This can reduce the overall space used greatly (I think),
> avoiding redundance and center the info over the city tile more
perfectly.

I never meant for it to be two flags per city. I drew my mock-up on top
of an in-game screenshot, thats why it had reduntant city info. Check
the cleaned-up screenshot, the city information that was outside the
city rectangle was "left-overs" from the current method of showing it,
not something I wanted to have in addition to the info rectangle.

What do you mean by city icon? the city gfx itself? Could you make a
mock-up of what you propose, I have a hard time picturing what you
propose.