Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2708) patch: backing rectangle for city descriptio

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2708) patch: backing rectangle for city descriptions in gtk2 client
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 16:11:57 -0800

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005, Guest wrote:
> New mock-up:
> http://www.idi.ntnu.no/~haskjold/freeciv/city_info3.png
>
> Yellow stars show number of units it your own cities and those of your
> allies. Enemy city show larger star for unit present, and none if no
> unit present.

Why are there stars on both sides? What does the "9" and the "5" mean,
respectively? What is the hammer there for (I feel the want to click it to
change production...)?

Moving the flag is ... an interesting idea. Not sure if it is a good one
yet.

But I would caution against putting too much information in there.
Tightly crowded GUIs tend to be confusing.

  - Per