Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#2708) patch: backing rectangle for city descriptions i

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#2708) patch: backing rectangle for city descriptions in gtk2 client
From: "Guest" <rt-guest@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 03:01:25 -0800

> [per - Thu Mar 10 10:01:02 2005]:
>
> On Wed, 9 Mar 2005, Jason Short wrote:
> > > What does the "9" and the "5" mean,
> > > respectively?
> >
> > Same thing they do now: turns-to-build and turns-to-grow.
>
> That was not clear. Perhaps make growth number green/red for easier
> recognition?
>
> > > What is the hammer there for (I feel the want to click it to
> > > change production...)?
> >
> > I think that symbolizes production (as the wheat icon symbolizes
growth).

> Oh, I thought that was on the map... that was not easy to see was part
of
> the rectangle.
>
>   - Per

hmm, ok... I can't say I agree much with you here Per.

The production is the same as now: a production name and a production
turns to build. I don't see how this could be confusing at all. As to
the food icon, that is clearly not part of the map, since that would
make it much darker, what should be done however is to make a brand new
food icon, which does not resemle any icon used on the map, which I also
have planned to do. I just used the grain one as a placeholder for now.

Green/red color on number for food could work out.

However this made me aware of the fact that the hammer is far to dark in
color, which might make it look like it's behind the alpha bg and not in
front (I've updated the screenshot with a lighter one).

As for the too crouded argument, with the drag and drop idea you can
have just what you want there, even nothing :)

Regarding the stars, I put them on each side for a sole reason: I think
it looks better, but they can of course be in any number and any
placement. Please keep in mind that it is a mock-up to show a concept,
not something set in stone.

Clicking the hammer to change production could actually be quite cool.

btw, could I get a login here?

Hogne (freim)