Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2708) patch: backing rectangle for city descriptio

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2708) patch: backing rectangle for city descriptions in gtk2 client
From: "Christian Knoke" <chrisk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 05:28:06 -0800

On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 04:51:31AM -0800, Guest wrote:

> Added a more compact variant to the screenshot:
> http://www.idi.ntnu.no/~haskjold/freeciv/city_info3.png
>
> I also removed the flag and city size outside the city bar, as they
> should not be there when the city bar is used. Note that the flag
> position on the units in the screenshot is way off, since it's currently
> not possible to have different position on the flags of the cities and
> the units and it's aligned for the cities atm.
>
> > For the flag in the rectangle e.g., I think that it distracts form the
> > city and unit flags somehow.
>
> not sure what you mean here, could you elaborate? Having city info
> outside the bar as well kind of defeats the entire purpose of it imo.

There are two flags, on in the city icon and one in the info rectangle. One
is enough I think.

What do you think of this: integrate the rectangle with the city tile/icon.
Just make the icon (configurably) bigger, extending over the tile size. This
can reduce the overall space used greatly (I think), avoiding redundance and
center the info over the city tile more perfectly.

Christian