Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12473) exploitable bug: buying out-of-date units

To: kif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12473) exploitable bug: buying out-of-date units
From: "Thomas.Strub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Thomas.Strub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 05:13:54 -0800

Zitat von Karl-Ingo Friese <kif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Hello there,
>
> a smaller bug: If I buy a unit which will be obsolete next
> turn because I researched a new technology which allows a better,
> but more expensive (production points) unit, the unit will
> be finished anyway.

The 1.14.2 behavior is: (reminds me on PR#725)

1) Building Phalanx 14/20  (5 Prod/Round) (city #10)
   doing               what we get next round

no research
a) nothing             next round 19/20
b) buying Phalanx      next round  5/20    + phalanx
getting gunpowder in round
c) nothing             next round 19/30
d) buying Phalanx      next round 25/30
getting gunpowder through techout in the  5th city
e) nothing             next round 19/30
f) buying Phalanx      next round 25/30
getting gunpowder through techout in the 15th city
g) nothing             next round 19/30
h) buying Phalanx      next round  5/30    + phalanx

2) Building Phalanx 14/20  (11 Prod/Round) (city #10)

no research
a) nothing             next round  1/20    + phalanx
b) buying Phalanx      next round 11/20    + phalanx
getting gunpowder in round
c) nothing             next round 25/30
d) buying Phalanx      next round  1/30    + musceteer
getting gunpowder through techout in the 5th city
e) nothing             next round 25/30
f) buying Phalanx      next round  1/30    + masceteer
getting gunpowder through techout in the 15th city
g) nothing             next round  5/30    + phalanx
h) buying Phalanx      next round 11/30    + phalanx

So you get h)
Old problem, but it's hard to resort that actions ... (and even harder to
visualize that ...

Thomas