Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7287) Extended Topologies

To: mburda@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7287) Extended Topologies
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 11:30:38 -0800

The interesting thing about a true mobius strip is that there are
"congruencies" between certain points.  To the normal person living on
the strip, it appears just to be a cylinder.  But to someone with
advanced technology it may be possible to pass (dig, teleport) through
the strip to end up on the other side.  This amounts to a move of

   x += map.xsize / 2
   y = map.ysize - y

which is kindof cool.  I'd imagine that cities would build tunnels
through the strip to allow easy travel.  Somehow I imagine that this all
ties in to a scientific expalation for MoM's dual-map system.  Or maybe
not...

-jason