[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Extended connect dialog (PR#977)

To: dspeyer@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Extended connect dialog (PR#977)
From: "Raimar Falke" <i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 08:05:31 -0800

On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 07:46:06AM -0800, Mike Kaufman wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 01:10:44AM -0800, Jason Short wrote:
> >
> > - Your translation code is wrong.
> >
> ah, so someone finally explains...
>
> > - Why do the packets you introduce require explicit (non-delta)
> > handling?  Raimar?
>
> the handling is explicit, but they are delta packets. the reason for these
> flags: handle-per-conn,no-handle is that these packets are sent before
> players are assigned. They must be handled on a connection rather than
> player basis. They must also be handled before the !pplayer check is
> performed. I've talked to Raimar about added another packet handler for
> these type of packets. He agrees.

While you didn't answer Jason's question you are correct.

> Q: Raimar, do we have array maxes in delta?

Uhh? If you choose the

  UINT8 size;
  TYPE name[MAX_FOO:size];

form the arrays maximal size is MAX_FOO. Also note that if MAX_FOO is
>255 (or >64k) you have to a big enough type for the "size" field.

> Will the dataio put_string function automatically do a strlen?

The old (non dataio) put_string did as do the dataio one. This wasn't
changed by the delta patch.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Tank: So what do you need? Besides a miracle.