[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Extended connect dialog (PR#977)

To: dspeyer@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Extended connect dialog (PR#977)
From: "Mike Kaufman" <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 16:59:17 -0800

On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 02:08:03PM -0800, Jason Short wrote:

> Some compile warnings:
>
> gamehand.c:421: warning: no previous prototype for
> `handle_single_want_hack_req'
>
> srv_main.c:814: warning: implicit declaration of function
> `handle_single_want_hack_req'

yes,

server/gamehand.h:

  const char *create_challenge_filename(void);
- void handle_single_want_hack_request(struct connection *pc, int challenge);
+ void handle_single_want_hack_req(struct connection *pc, int challenge);

#endif  /* FC__GAMEHAND_H */

> "Save game as autogame" menu option should just be "quick save" IMO.

It is. You don't get this?

> The "local area network" tab of the network connection dialog doesn't
> seem to work quite right.  When I click on a game to connect to my
> selection is immediately deselected.  This only happens immediately
> after I "refresh" the game list.  If I go over to another tab and back
> it works fine (sometimes).  Trying to connect to a game through the LAN
> tab doesn't work either: the connection is refused (presumably an auth
> issue since I connect by the hostname rather than localhost).

I know. You get this with the unpatched client too. I imagine the problem
is that the list store refreshes for 5 seconds or so, it's deleting the
entire list (with your selection) and then reconstituting it.

I don't know about the hostname thing. It ain't a freeciv auth thing I do
believe...

> When loading a game it would be nice to filter the file list by *.sav.gz
> or *.sav.

yes it would. Until somebody can tell me how to do this with the GTK file
selector, it ain't going to happen.

-mike