[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Extended connect dialog (PR#977)

To: dspeyer@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Extended connect dialog (PR#977)
From: "Raimar Falke" <i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 03:46:42 -0800

On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 01:10:44AM -0800, Jason Short wrote:
> - Why do the packets you introduce require explicit (non-delta)
> handling?  Raimar?

Technically there is no need to non-delta on any packet. It was added
for the first packets (connect req and the reply) to allow interaction
with old system. This is now obsolete since we renumbered the packets
anyway.

So there is now a reason why the non-delta should stay in place (to
allow interaction with other delta systems) there is no need to add
more non-delta packets.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters