[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7127) [FS] Screen design

To: i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7127) [FS] Screen design
From: "Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa" <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 00:24:17 -0800

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004, Morgan Jones wrote:

> Whoops.  Posted the wrong picture.  This one has the much better blue
> dither on the list displays:

I like the changes you made. The buttons are nicer. The scrollbar is
good, except the slider, which gives the optical illusion of being
off centered because it has shading while the arrows do not.

Perhaps a bit less shading on the middle of the slider would do the trick?

> ftp.freeciv.org/pub/freeciv/incoming/City-Worklist8.png
>

> I also forgot to mention that I changed the inactive page tabs to be
> much clearer.

Very good! They are perfectly readable now.

I wonder about the 640x480 resolution though. Shouldn't we aim for 800x600
instead? I don't think anyone requires that low a resolution anymore,
not even on laptops, and that way there is more viewable map space.

---