[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7127) [FS] Screen design

To: i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7127) [FS] Screen design
From: "Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa" <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 18:53:00 -0800

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004, Morgan Jones wrote:

> > Graphic forwarded to the mailing list as RT scrambled it.
>

> That didn't seem to work either.  I've uploaded it to the ftp incoming
> dir:
>
> ftp.freeciv.org/pub/freeciv/incoming/City-Worklist5.png

That looks nicer. But I'm not so sure about using ordered dithering on
the gradient. Perhaps a smooth gradient instead?

I like that close button! Nice.

The worklist scrollbars are different from the city scrollbars. Any
reason why?

The letters on the tabs are a bit hard to read. Either make the background
darker, or try outline instead of shadow on the text.

Raimar, please use Anti-Aliased fonts always, if possible. To make the
client really portable, we also need to distribute our own set of fonts,
so make sure the licensing of the fonts you use allows re-distribution.

I propose we use the TrueType font format.

---