[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7127) [FS] Screen design

To: i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7127) [FS] Screen design
From: "Morgan Jones" <morgan.jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 16:48:04 -0800

On 14/01/2004, you wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 02:40:58AM -0800, Morgan Jones wrote:

>> The bottom line serves no purpose IMHO. The people display doesn't
>> need to be visible at all times. I'm not sure however where to
>> place the close button.
>>
>> Here's a new version of City-Worklist.png.  The people display has
>> been reduced to a much simpler and smaller 'Citizens' section under
>> the city map.  I figure full people/citizen details can be made
>> available on the Happiness page.
>>
>> The bottom strip is now gone.
>>
>>> Also missing is the state of the current production: "10/40 - 3
>>> turns" like the food box.
>>
>> Added in newly available space.
>
> I have no further comments at this time.
>
>     Raimar

Seems like it's all coming together then.  I'm going to spend a bit of
time updating the look of the GUI before I create anymore layouts.
Saves redoing everything later.

I still need to do:

On the Main GUI:  Improved Nation page (selectable govs, etc), Science
page, Players page.

On the City GUI:  Happiness page, CMA page, Setting page

Other:  Help screen, Connect dialog, Nation selection dialog, Game
Control screen*

*I was thinking that the Options, Message Options, Load/Save/Quit etc
could all be incorporated into one 'Game Control' screen.

Anything I've forgotten?

I've done the hard ones so it should make it a lot easier form here
on.  Especially once I've got the style/look refined.

     -Morgan