[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7127) [FS] Screen design

To: i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7127) [FS] Screen design
From: "Morgan Jones" <morgan.jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 19:04:36 -0800

> I am watching your progress. Great stuff. The city dialog design is
> improving in leaps and bounds.

Thanks.

> Perhaps you should use a bold red 'X' symbol instead of the words
> close for the close button. Several games use it, people are already
> familiar with the metaphor, it is more visible, because it looks
> different from the other buttons.

I tried that in an earlier (unposted) layout and it didn't work.
However with everything rearranged it fits pretty good in the top left
corner in front of the city name.

And this gave me an idea:  how about an 'iconify' button in the same
place on the main GUI?  The idea being that when pressed the all GUIs
disappear leaving a true full screen display - nothing but map.
Keyboard control would of course still function making it perfectly
playable in this mode, just less info.

One of the deluxe tileset's nice looking yellow buttons (or something) would be
positioned in the lower left corner of the screen from which the GUI can be
restored.

     -Morgan