[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7127) [FS] Screen design

To: i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7127) [FS] Screen design
From: "James Canete" <use_less@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 23:57:51 -0800

> ftp.freeciv.org/pub/freeciv/incoming/City-Worklist7.png

I don't really like the color scheme.  It would work if this were a
sci-fi'ish strategy game, with the clean metallic and monochrome monitor
interface feel, but when I play Freeciv I'd prefer a bit of a historical
feel, like black letters written on light marble or papyrus-type
textures.

Also it seems a little square.  I suppose it has to be, given the amount
of information being cleanly organized, but a lot of recent games have
rounder elements and non-square buttons, like The Sims, whose interface
is almost entirely round elements and non-square buttons :)

This is all just my opinion though, I can certainly see myself playing
with this interface, as it is very clean and functional.  I'm just
complaining about personality.  :)

-James Canete
http://www.ign.com
Upgrade to Premium IGN Email