[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7127) [FS] Screen design

To: i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7127) [FS] Screen design
From: "Morgan Jones" <morgan.jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 01:43:20 -0800

> On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 10:50:58PM -0800, Morgan Jones wrote:
>> - The Government indicator could bring up the city report. Or maybe
>> the demographics or revolution requester. The other two don't
>> really have useful associations but I suppose at a push the global
>> warming one could bring up the demographics report, and the nuclear
>> winter the military report.
>
> I planned an empire/nation screen:
>     Contains goverment control. Contains tax rate changes. Contains
>     unit info like GTK's unit report. Other reports can also go
> here.

A very good idea, get rid of all the clutter.  What does GTK's unit
report show?  Is it differnt to the military report?

>> - Or alternatively again there is a single 'Reports' button that
>> brings up a dialog that lets you select the report you want.
>
> One click too much.

True.  Not that it's any quicker at the moment.  No, seperate buttons
is the way to go.  I'll look into it.

> They all go in the right direction. Note that I don't want many
> poping up dialogs. Lets merge them to screen which contain multiple
> dialogs of the current clients.

Maybe just one large dialog window that covers the whole map view but
has clickable tabs (not sure what the proper name for these are) that
allows access to all the major dialogs.  Kind of like how the city
dialog is now (unless it's different in GTK?).  Each time the dialog
is called it appears with the relevent 'page' displayed.  Saves on
opening and closing dialogs all the time, all you are doing is
switching between dialog view and map view.

     -Morgan