[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7127) [FS] Screen design

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7127) [FS] Screen design
From: "Raimar Falke" <i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 11:51:03 -0800

On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 01:43:20AM -0800, Morgan Jones wrote:

> > On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 10:50:58PM -0800, Morgan Jones wrote:
> >> - The Government indicator could bring up the city report. Or maybe
> >> the demographics or revolution requester. The other two don't
> >> really have useful associations but I suppose at a push the global
> >> warming one could bring up the demographics report, and the nuclear
> >> winter the military report.
> >
> > I planned an empire/nation screen:
> >     Contains goverment control. Contains tax rate changes. Contains
> >     unit info like GTK's unit report. Other reports can also go
> > here.
>
> A very good idea, get rid of all the clutter.  What does GTK's unit
> report show?  Is it differnt to the military report?

unit report = military report.

> > They all go in the right direction. Note that I don't want many
> > poping up dialogs. Lets merge them to screen which contain multiple
> > dialogs of the current clients.
> >
> Maybe just one large dialog window that covers the whole map view but
> has clickable tabs (not sure what the proper name for these are) that
> allows access to all the major dialogs.  Kind of like how the city
> dialog is now (unless it's different in GTK?).  Each time the dialog
> is called it appears with the relevent 'page' displayed.  Saves on
> opening and closing dialogs all the time, all you are doing is
> switching between dialog view and map view.

I want to remove almost all dialogs and replace these with screens. A
screen take the whole screen space. On the bottom of each screen we
may leave buttons to switch to other screens and back to the
mapview/main screen.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Last year, out in California, at a PC users group, there was a demo of