[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7127) [FS] Screen design

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7127) [FS] Screen design
From: "Raimar Falke" <i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 00:05:47 -0800

On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 10:50:58PM -0800, Morgan Jones wrote:
> - The Government indicator could bring up the city report.  Or maybe
> the demographics or revolution requester.  The other two don't really
> have useful associations but I suppose at a push the global warming
> one could bring up the demographics report, and the nuclear winter the
> military report.

I planned an empire/nation screen:
     Contains goverment control. Contains tax rate changes. Contains
     unit info like GTK's unit report. Other reports can also go here.

> - Or alternatively again there is a single 'Reports' button that
> brings up a dialog that lets you select the report you want.

One click too much.

> - Maybe tile coordinates (X,Y) could be placed after the terrain
> entry.  Not sure if this is a good thing or not.

I'm not sure either.

> - Slightly off topic:  please include support for terrain tiles that
> are taller than the the normal 64x32 isometric tile.  So we can use
> the deluxe tileset's lovely 64x48 mountains and hills.

The drawing of the main map isn't client specific. If other clients
(maybe except the SDL one) can use the tileset so can the FS client.

[snipped a lot of other good points]

They all go in the right direction. Note that I don't want many poping
up dialogs. Lets merge them to screen which contain multiple dialogs
of the current clients.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "These download files are in Microsoft Word 6.0 format. After