[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Freeciv as a planetary component in a RPG

To: "Freeciv-Dev" <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Freeciv as a planetary component in a RPG
From: "Brandon J. Van Every" <vanevery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 12:17:59 -0800

From: Mark Metson [mailto:markm@xxxxxxxxxxxx]

> if EOFS was commercial I am guessing its not highly likely I
> can run it?  Chances are good its for Windows or DOS ?

Emperor Of The Fading Suns is for Windows 95/98, or at least the version
on The Underdogs is.  http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=367

> It is a long way off yet, because I am not about to jump in and start
> coding while we still do not have the general purpose
> buildings stuff and
> while the AI is stll reported to be a PITA. But I still hope
> that one day
> conditions will seem roght for me to jump in and start coding.

Taking that stance, you will be waiting a long, long, long, long, long
time before you could get your "RPG within 4X TBS" game going.  Like
several years.  I would encourage you to look for other projects that
are more suitable now.  A possibility, although I haven't played it or
looked at the code: Battle for Wesnoth http://www.wesnoth.org/

Brandon Van Every           Seattle, WA

Taking risk where others will not.