[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Migration

To: "Freeciv-Dev" <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Migration
From: "Brandon J. Van Every" <vanevery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 16:06:47 -0800

From: freeciv-dev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx

> I think this is similar to the Civ3's idea that you can overtake enemy
> cities with more culture. The ideas are the same. The implementations
> differ.

"Similar" was the correct word, not "same."  Cultural takeover changes
the geographical integrity of people's empires.  Migration preserves
geographical integrity but empties out the populace.  Cultural takeover
requires border proximity, Migration doesn't.  Cultural takeover is
irrelevant to the *internal* distribution of your empire, Migration is
very relevant.  For instance, you will probably have big coastal cities
just like in real life, because that's where the food and trade is.

Brandon Van Every           Seattle, WA

Taking risk where others will not.