[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7123) Metaissue for FS

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7123) Metaissue for FS
From: "Raimar Falke" <i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 11:37:54 -0800

On Sat, Dec 20, 2003 at 07:43:56AM -0800, Raimar Falke wrote:

> Overview
> ========
>
> This is an issue which should track the development of a new client
> called FS. Lacking a better name I named it gui-fs. FS stands for
> fixed size or full screen. The idea:
>  - OS and graphical API independent client
>  - fixed size (one of 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x1024), but
>  multiple possible
>  - own widget set to get all the features we want (borders, skins,
>  transparency, tooltips, ...)
>
> gui-fs is similar to gui-sdl but not limited to SDL. It currently
> supports plain X11. Planned/possible is also DirectX (or some other
> Win API), Amiga, SDL, BeOS,...
>
> You can view screenshots at http://www.freeciv.org/~rfalke/fs_pics/

I updated the code to the current CVS and fixed some errors.

I copied the start screens of http://arianne.sourceforge.net/ and
http://www.ospace.net/ to see how difficult the creation is and to
adapt the code.

The screens are available at
http://www.freeciv.org/~rfalke/fs2_pics/. Since I broke the code with
some of the changes (nation screen and main map are no more) I can't
show any code. But I made a gif animation how it runs with the
built-in screen dumper. These are in the same directory and bzip'ed
because the gifs are 14mb.

In the same directory are the files for the main screen and the
connect which I used. So if someone wants to make a real Freeciv
screen and not some cheap ripoff like I did please feel free to do so.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Q:  Do you know what the death rate around here is?