[Freeciv-Dev] Re: RFC: new implementation of island numbering

To: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Mike Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Freeciv-Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: RFC: new implementation of island numbering
From: Mike Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 17:47:27 -0600

> > Interesting: should mere knowledge of geography or lack thereof be a
> > deciding factor in whether an effect works?
>
> Geography as a tech?

no, no. Say I have an island-wide effect which destroys all units (neutron
bomb) Not realizing that two separate continents are in fact one continent
should not deter the effect from destroying all the units on the "second"
continent should it? Granted, this is not a problem with the current set of
effects...

As I recall, weren't Hoover and JS Bach originally island-wide effects?

-mike