[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Artillery and sea units (PR#1476)

To: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Tony Stuckey <stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Richard Stallman <rms@xxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Artillery and sea units (PR#1476)
From: Ben Webb <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 17:52:10 +0100

On Tue, May 21, 2002 at 01:48:50AM -0700, Raahul Kumar wrote:
> Freeciv does also. Freeciv uses spec_gate, and terr_gate, in the buildings
> ruleset(Offshore platform). This permits the building of Offshore platforms
> only when sea terrain is in the city radius.

This is true, although you need PR#1105 to implement this "properly".

> It would be trivial to extend this to cover units.ruleset. Assuming the AC
> gen-impr patch ever makes it to CVS, and I finally get my Civ 3 CD, I will
> probaby do it.

        You don't need the impr-gen patch to extend terr_gate to units;
all of the relevant code is already in Freeciv CVS.

        Ben
--
ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx           http://bellatrix.pcl.ox.ac.uk/~ben/
"Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible."