[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Artillery and sea units (PR#1476)

To: Richard Stallman <rms@xxxxxxx>, raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Artillery and sea units (PR#1476)
From: Tony Stuckey <stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 23:48:40 -0500

On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 02:51:27PM -0700, Thanasis Kinias wrote:
> You mention the problem of building destroyers or cruisers without
> steel; what about the very real problem of trying to build a
> pre-ironclad fleet without trees?  Historically, access to extensive
> forests was a prerequisite to building a fleet, but Freeciv has no
> mechanism for representing dependencies on specific terrain or
> resources, and I'm not certain that adding such things would be
> advisable.

        Advisable or not, I think Civ3 does this.
--
Anthony J. Stuckey                              stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

'Finally, the Navy stated that [...] "However, use of the area as a live
fire range has the beneficial effect of reducing the negative impacts of
human intrusion."' - Center For Biological Diversity v Pirie and Rumsfeld