[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [RFC][Patch] AI can fly v2 (fwd)

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [RFC][Patch] AI can fly v2 (fwd)
From: <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 13:42:42 +0200 (MEST)

On Fri, 12 Apr 2002, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
> I really want to stay in line with the rest of the building code as long
> as it is not critically stupid.  Then we'd have to design a good
> system for preventive building.

Ok.

> > Observations:
> > - The AI does not seem in any hurry to get the necessary techs for flight.
>
> yes...  I'm not sure what is the best way to choose techs.

Me neither.

> > - The AI should not attack if it stands a very high chance of losing (ie
> > mech inf on a mountain). Aircraft are expensive. Waste some commoners
> > instead.
>
> I use the standard want equation (meaning that on average we'd be better
> off after attacking)

Yes, but it doesn't seem to check if we have a good chance of winning. It
will just attack the "best" target, even if "best" is abyssmally bad.

But this should probably be fixed later along with the rest of the code.

> > - Got the assertion (which I couldn't reproduce)
> > civserver: gotohand.c:1679: refuel_iterate_process: Assertion `0' failed.
>
> oops this is very bad.  I really need the savegame!

I'll see if I can reproduce with gdb strapped on to it. The savegame
worked fine after reloading, unfortunately.

Yours,
Per

Why, if it prosper, none dare call it treason."
 -- Sir John Harrington (1561-1612)