[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [RFC][Patch] AI can fly v2 (fwd)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [RFC][Patch] AI can fly v2 (fwd)
From: Greg Wooledge <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 10:22:33 -0400

per@xxxxxxxxxxx (per@xxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> - if we cannot afford to lose, don't do it. Some things to look for: Is
> the unit directly threatening a city? We cannot afford to lose the city,
> so attack no matter the odds.

That's not good enough.  Our odds of surviving an attack by the enemy may
be better than our odds of killing the enemy if we attack.  Consider a
Rifleman fortified behind city walls -- should he attack a Howitzer
that's outside the city?  Yes.  Should he attack a Tank that's outside
the city?  No.

greg@xxxxxxxxxxxx              |    - The Red Hot Chili Peppers
http://wooledge.org/~greg/     |