[Freeciv-Dev] Re: for discussion: ics revisited

To: Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: for discussion: ics revisited
From: Ben Webb <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 12:53:59 +0000

On Tue, Mar 19, 2002 at 12:43:25PM +0000, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Mar 2002, Reinier Post wrote:
> > It's just a ruleset.  THis is the kind of thing rulesets were meant to do.
> > We can set up some public servers to get it playtested.
>
> First, Freeciv has to be forced to understand rulesets, see earlier Ben's
> message and set_city_science_bonus (why "set" and not "get", by the way?)
> in
>       http://www.freeciv.org/lxr/source/common/city.c?v=cvs#L1486

        Well, it does "get" the bonus from the city's list of buildings,
but then it "set"s pcity->science_bonus, so it's not that crazy a name.
Anyway, my impr-gen patch at <blatant plug>http://freecivac.sf.net/</blatant
plug> removes this function (and friends) entirely. The AI still doesn't
understand these effects though, as there's hard-coded behaviour in
aicity.c and advdomestic.c, so it's not "perfect" just yet...

        Ben
--
ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx           http://bellatrix.pcl.ox.ac.uk/~ben/
"There is but one step from the grotesque to the horrible."