[Freeciv-Dev] Re: for discussion: ics revisited

To: Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: for discussion: ics revisited
From: Ben Webb <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 14:26:36 +0000

On Tue, Mar 19, 2002 at 01:25:24PM +0000, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
> As I said earlier, generalizing library effects for the AI is a piece of
> cake.  Provided the library only increases research by N%, and not, say,
> increases birth rate in the city (oh, the dim lights of the libraries) or
> such.

        Ah, well there's the problem. I don't think it'd be enormously
difficult to code, but the whole point of having general rulesets is that
it's entirely possible to have a library which has multiple effects.

> Maybe, after I teach AI to fly well, we can have a look at AI and
> impr-gen.

        Well, I intend to take a look at the code over the weekend, so
I'll get back to you then. ;)

        Ben
--
ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx           http://bellatrix.pcl.ox.ac.uk/~ben/
"I believe we are on an irreversible trend toward more freedom and