[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Alternative nation dialog

To: aliaga <aliaga@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Alternative nation dialog
From: Mark Metson <markm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 11:09:14 -0400 (AST)

On Fri, 1 Mar 2002, aliaga wrote:

> >eventually the The Force, Jedi (with Chivalry), Sith (with The Dark Side,
> >which requires Espionage), and Jedi Knights (with Light Sabre which
> >requires Force Fields and Jedi)...
>
> Whoa, that trick of sneaking unseen would be cool. But the Force should
> force you to dress and speak funny, too :-)

I used the Partial_Invis flag that Submarines have. Presto, the Jedi and
Sith are invisible Diplomats. They also have attack and defense (quite
formidable) but its not clear that any situations exist in which attack is
actually implemented. When they cannot do diplomat actions (stacked units
for example) its possible the game engine wont think of offering them
attack option instead. Although the Jedi are better at defense than
attack; I make the assumption that The Force is more opposed to its
champions being harmed than it is gung-ho to have them cause harm. The
Dark Side on the other hand, would rather see them cause harm and probably
doesnt give a darn what happens to those who fail to attack effectively or
wimpishly wait to be attacked instead.  ;-)

> And do not underestimate the power of such things as breathing masks to
> allow the creation of wonderfully powerful warriors!  :-D

Amphibious troops? Or do you refer to the Weirding Module or psychwar
Voice Unit used by Lord Vader that affects morale perhaps not quite as
much as a Nazgul's shrieks but nonetheless quite effectively?  ;-)

BB
MM

--
Got a website? Get 10,000+ hits a day FREE...
http://makemoney.knotwork.com/10000hits/