[Freeciv-Dev] Re: freeciv2 kernel,modules and rulesets

To: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: freeciv2 kernel,modules and rulesets
From: Gregor Zeitlinger <zeitling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 00:42:57 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 2 Dec 2001, Andrew Sutton wrote:
> if it turns out that there isn't significant interest, then i'll drop the
> subject and let freeciv continue on its merry wayward development path. there
> does seem to be enough interest so we'll see how this turns out.
Well, I'm doing research on the scripting right now. I just found another
interesing one and I can tell you there are zillons for Java
http://grunge.cs.tu-berlin.de/~tolk/vmlanguages.html The one I'm looking
at now is BeanShell which you can find at that page as well. I'll try to
figure out which one is most appropriate.
I'm also looking at the Java speed issue because this could be make it
impossible to use, though I doubt it if Java is compiled to native code.

--
Gregor Zeitlinger
gregor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx