[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Development Strategies [Was Documentation, Usability a

To: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Development Strategies [Was Documentation, Usability and Development]
From: Gregor Zeitlinger <zeitling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 00:47:30 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 2 Dec 2001, Andrew Sutton wrote:
> > <unit name=setter>
> >   <capabilities>
> >     <found_city/>
> >   </capabilities>
> > </unit>
>
> now that is interesting... i like that idea alot. question: does that build
> into source code or is it somehow interpretted run-time?
run-time, because those are configuration files. It will probably take
some time during startup, but that was the whole point about it or not?
libraries would be modular as well, but then they wouldn't be real
configuration files but libraries.

> the only problem i'm seeing is that the unit to capability mapping is a many
> to many relationship (it always has been). assigning each unit to reference
<snip>
I'm unqualified to comment on that. For now I'm more concerned about
global architectural questions.

--
Gregor Zeitlinger
gregor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx