[Freeciv-Dev] Scrpting language cosiderations

To: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Scrpting language cosiderations
From: Gregor Zeitlinger <zeitling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 15:42:51 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 2 Dec 2001, Andrew Sutton wrote:
> as for the java/c++ issue, i think i could really care less. i'm much more
> familiar with c++ - MUCH more familar, so it's my preference. but we'll see
> what comes out in the wash.
same for me, except I know Java better, but I could live with C++ as well.

> as for the configuration language, we could write our own. it might not be a
> bad consideration.
I agree, except there so many languages already that I'd like to get a
clear picture of it and try to get the best features from them.
One issue is wheter it should be pure XML or not, meaning:

<if cond="i<3">
  do something
</if>

vs

if (i<3)
{
  do something
}

second looks better but is worse in xml philosophy

--
Gregor Zeitlinger
gregor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx