[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Documentation, Usability and Development

To: Justin Moore <justin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv Developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Documentation, Usability and Development
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 09:41:17 +0100

On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 02:07:06AM -0500, Justin Moore wrote:
> - Borders

I got the impression the last patch I have seen didn't got the coastal
city case right.

> - Sound

I have objections about the architecture of the last patch I have
seen. Note that the "clear idea" of the person doesn't make the patch
right in the larger picture.

> - Increasing the number of nations

I have made a patch. I was lazy and haven't added backward
compatibility. If this wasn't the case the patch would be
applied. Feel free to do add the backward compatibility.

Besides enlarging the number of possible nations at the technical
level there were also discussion about the presentation of such a
large number of nation. IMHO these can be tackled later. For example
with an extra field for each nation which holds some type like "middle
ages","antiquity", "modern nations".

> - Server overhault

This is too general. The unification is a good idea but I have seen no
patches.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying