[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Patch: Unique city names

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Teemu Kurppa <tkurppa@xxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Patch: Unique city names
From: "Miguel Farah F." <miguel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 17:56:31 -0300

 Raimar Falke [23/11/2001 10:17] dijo/said:
>On Fri, Nov 23, 2001 at 10:34:45AM +0200, Teemu Kurppa wrote:
>> Raimar Falke wrote:
>[...]
>> I thought this, but I think this can be misused by experienced players
>> to gather information about other players. I.e. you play against
>> Americans, you intentionally try to name your cities with American
>> default city names. If other (often less experienced) player is using
>> default names, you get information, how many cities he have.
>
>One solution maybe that you aren't allow to choose a name which is in
>the name list of another nation.

That creates a problem: let's say that I'm playing the Spanish against
the Catalan - both city lists have "Barcelona" and "Tarragona" (and
others). Why should one player be allowed to use those cities and the
other not?

--
MIGUEL FARAH              //   miguel@xxxxx
#include <disclaimer.h>   //   http://www.nn.cl/~miguel