[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] New city dialog

To: Freeciv Developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] New city dialog
From: Christian Knoke <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 12:05:16 +0200

Am Mittwoch, 29. August 2001 11:35 schrieb Raimar Falke:
> On Tue, Aug 28, 2001 at 11:04:51PM +0200, Christian Knoke wrote:
> > Basically I like Tuomas dialog. But it needs improvement.
>
> What points? Will you do it?

No, I'm not able to. But I can do playtesting and make
a list of points what should be changed (if that helps?).

The city dialog is the most often used dialog in freeciv.
So it really should be *smooth*, clearly arranged and easy
to use. Until that, maybe it is possible to integrate
two city dialogs switchable with command line option?

That would allow fine tuning of Tuamas work while the
game keeps playable. It also may be a performance question
(with isometric tileset), as Mike Jing pointed out.

Christian

--
* Christian Knoke                           +49 4852 92248 *
* D-25541 Brunsbuettel                  Wurtleutetweute 49 *