[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] New city dialog

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] New city dialog
From: Mike Kaufman <mkaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 11:43:51 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, Raimar Falke wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 28, 2001 at 03:28:58PM -0500, Mike Kaufman wrote:
> >

> > On Tue, 28 Aug 2001, Jason Dorje Short wrote:
> >
> > > When I've used this patch before I found it a lot more usable.  This
> > > work should not go to waste, though it is would be fairly logical to
> > > keep the old-style city dialogs around as an option.

If you get nostalgic, go use civworld. As of now, I'm not changing that
city dialog.

> If there are two city dialogs they will be seperate files.
                                             ^^^^^^^
                                             separate

If that's how it will be, then one dialog is good enough. Features are
good, but this I would consider bloat. After all, this is a _large_ amount
of legacy code we're talking about.

> > I guess my initial response would be: 'play the first part of a game
> > with a couple cities'
>
> I don't understand.

Play a game with the new dialog, and see how it works in a
"real" situation (instead of a testing situation --- then again maybe you
have already) and see if the dialog becomes more natural to use.