[Freeciv-Dev] [Patch] New city dialog

To: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] [Patch] New city dialog
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 14:05:11 +0200

I put a new version of the city dialog into the incoming directory
(new_city_dialog1.diff.gz). It is an updated version of Thue's patch
(new_city_dialog.diff.bz).

Besides some outstanding technical points I'm not sure if this new
dialog is a big step forward. The new dialog looks
crowded/cramped. The frames have no border. The info list on the left
side for example is a nice idea but IMHO with a multi-line label (like
is was used in the old one) the dialog would look nicer, be more
flexible (font, color) and would also be using less size. Which leads
me to another problem: the new dialog (at least in the german
translation) has a width >900 pixel.

improvement in use-ability.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "That's fundamental game play!  My main enemy is *ALWAYS* fighting