[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] New city dialog - new patch

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Freeciv Developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] New city dialog - new patch
From: Daniel Sjölie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 20:29:27 +0200

On 2001-08-30 16:51:46, Raimar Falke wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 12:30:59PM +0200, Daniel Sjölie wrote:
> > On 2001-08-30 09:50:04, Daniel Sjölie wrote:
> > > Ok, seems I'm on it... :)
> > > Modified the City Overview to look more like the old city dialog (did
> > > some cut'n'pasting) - I didn't really like the new information
> > > listing... And don't think it's worth the trouble to have it visible
> > > always... Also put the tabs at the bottom - feels easier to reach there
> > > to me...
> > >
> > > Here's a screenshot:
> > > http://www.acc.umu.se/~deepone/freeciv/citydialog.jpg
> >
> > Made it possible to see resources used by units in the overview (like a
> > shield) - makes it even more lite the old city dialog...
> > Added accelerators -
> > Page Down = next city, Page Up = prev city,
> > Del = next tab, Insert = prev tab
> > Now You can (conveniently) check everything in all Your cities
> > without touching the mouse... :)
> >
> > Patch:
> > http://www.acc.umu.se/~deepone/freeciv/new_city_dialog3.diff.gz
> >
> > Comments still very welcome...
>
> A lot better. Since the dialog is no smaller you can add some borders
> to the frames. Maybe you can also make the surplus red if the number
> is <=0.

Not so trivial... Eg, Food, Prod and Trade are all the same label... No
way to change color of just a small part of a label... You have to
divide it into several smaller labels... And that's not trivial...

I did make the Granary line red when food surplus is negative - just to
try it, it should probably be done like You said but we'll see when that
gets done...

New patch coming up...

/Daniel

--
Now take a deep breath, smile and don't take life so seriously... :)