[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] New city dialog - new patch

To: Christian Knoke <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: Daniel Sjölie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>, Freeciv Developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] New city dialog - new patch
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 21:06:14 +0200

On Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 06:23:53PM +0200, Christian Knoke wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 30. August 2001 12:30 schrieben Sie:
> > On 2001-08-30 09:50:04, Daniel Sjölie wrote:
> >
> > Patch:
> > http://www.acc.umu.se/~deepone/freeciv/new_city_dialog3.diff.gz
> >
> > Comments still very welcome...
>
> About the worklist:
>
> The number of turns needed to build an item is not correct.
>
> Seems the actual pruktion stock is computed into it, which is
> correct for the first thing to build, but not for the following.
>
> I, personally, am for removing the turns columns at all, for
> following reasons:

I like it. It provides a quick overview how long stuff would need.

> 1. the production of a city is due to change at any time.
>
> 2. Thats why the turn number is not usefull, besides its buggy
>
> 3. It makes the display crowded, not clear.
>
> 4. At least in some locales, there is not enough space to display
>    all columns, making appear one or two horizontal scrollbars,
>    which *is* ugly.

AFAIK I changed this. So that the change production window is always
shown in full width. Maybe the code of the new dialog hasn't been
updated for this.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Of course, someone who knows more about this will correct me if I'm