[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] Introduction of turns

To: "Ross W. Wetmore" <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] Introduction of turns
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 19:05:20 +0200

On Mon, Aug 27, 2001 at 12:52:34PM -0400, Ross W. Wetmore wrote:
> The client currently displays the Game year to the user, so I am not
> sure I understand why an additional mechanism is needed to send this.
>
> Is there some point in processing where the year can change in ways that
> the client won't pickup (immediately)? Is this what is being fixed?

As pointed out before it is easier for client side ai planing to
handle with turns instead of years. It may be possible to calculate
the current turn from the current year but a far easier solution is to
add a field to struct civ_game and two packets.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "From what I am reading Win98 and NT5.0 will be getting rid of all that