[Freeciv-Dev] Re: teamciv ... a couple of ideas

To: Daniel L Speyer <dspeyer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Karl-Ingo Friese <kif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>, Freeciv developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: teamciv ... a couple of ideas
From: Francois Taiani <francois.taiani@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 21:40:14 +0200

I definitely agree with the current progress of a tile improvement being
stored in the tile itself. Though I'm not quite sure how this should be
displayed. Imagine you have a tile with a 3/5 road, and a 2/5 mine. One
thing is to have this info displayed on a right click, another is to
have it permanently shown on the map.

I'd really like to have it displayed permanently when a settler is at
work (this way I can better plan my next actions). When no settler is on
the tile, the different progress's should not be displayed by default
IMHO. (Too much info on the display may be confusing). Yet, it would be
really nice to have it available through a toggle in the menu. With that
toggle, one could get an overview of tiles where work had begun, but has
not been finished.

(BTW certain improvements excluded each other in the commercial civs I
have played with. I don't know if this is the case in freeciv.)

Francois

[...]