[Freeciv-Dev] Re: teamciv ... a couple of ideas

To: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: teamciv ... a couple of ideas
From: Trent Piepho <xyzzy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 16:56:59 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 24 Aug 2001, Reinier Post wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 23, 2001 at 09:40:14PM +0200, Francois Taiani wrote:
> > I definitely agree with the current progress of a tile improvement being
> > stored in the tile itself. Though I'm not quite sure how this should be
> > displayed. Imagine you have a tile with a 3/5 road, and a 2/5 mine. One
> > thing is to have this info displayed on a right click, another is to
> > have it permanently shown on the map.
>
> Well, a 2/5 road doesn't give you any movement benefits - on the contrary -
> so let's not display it on the map.

How about changing the hit points bar of settler type units to reflect their
progress?  Doesn't add more clutter, doesn't require new graphics.  The popup
dialog you get with the middle button could add in the status,

Building Road: 2 turns left (50%)

I think it would be really nice to have this information.