[Freeciv-Dev] Re: teamciv ... a couple of ideas

To: Francois Taiani <francois.taiani@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: FreeCiv <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: teamciv ... a couple of ideas
From: Karl-Ingo Friese <kif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 11:33:33 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Francois Taiani wrote:

> Hi Karl-Ingo,
>
> I really like the idea of the settler activity progress. What about
> having it directly displayed on the map in a form of a progress bar
> (like the 'life' of a unit, but in a different color: say green). I
> agree it's a bit more complicated (among others because it propably also
> means somehow changing the tile spec, but that can be done later I
> think), but you seem to have done already most of the work.

Hello Francouis,

sounds like an interesting idea. I will keep that in mind. However
first would be helpful to store the activtiy_cost not at the settler
but at the tile instead ... makes things easier and more fitting.

Another reason for that: Right now, if you click on a settler who
transforms a swamp by mistake all 14 turns he was already working on it
are lost (it seems when you told him to stop he still found the time to
make the work of 14 turns undone). With the status-is-stored-on-tile
patch one could see that there is a (3/5) irrigation on that field ...

Minax

> Cheers
>
> Francois

Karl-Ingo Friese